- There are 60+ regions are available to choose,
- these are the geographical location where physical servers are located,
- in these regions we can host our virtual machines
- Not every region is available to all. Eg: Some regions are owned by American central government so we cannot choose that region, only people working there can have access.
Region Pairs :
- Each region has one another region which is treated as pair .
- If data is present in one region then it will be also present in its pair region i.e, data backup is there in pair region.
- Ex : Canada Central – Canada East
2. Availability Zones :
- A single region can have multiple availability zones .
- When you are using availability zones , you are increasing availability of your application.
- Each availability zone runs are physically separated and runs on their individual power, Internet and cooling systems
3 . Resource Groups :
Resource groups are folder structure of resources
We put all the particular resources into resource groups means we put all the resources in a group based on the requirements.
Resources: Virtual Machines, databases etc, Azure provides over 1000 resources.
Subscriptions : Subscription is a billing unit , all the resources which are in resource group have subscription.Users have access for one or more subscription with different roles.
Management Groups :
- Manage your subscriptions
- For every subscription there may have multiple resource group, a particular hierarchy is maintained which can be seen in below diagram.